[AG-TECH] Image quality

Natalia Costas Lago natalia at cesga.es
Thu May 13 02:43:23 CDT 2004

Hi all,

We have noticed that image color in our videostream seems to have a lack of
....accuracy to reality... i've seen other video streams that seem to
reflect colors better and probably in a more real way. I was wondering where
in the chain we can fix that. We are using a provisional Sony EVI D30
camera, pinnacle pctv pro capture cards (i've tried as well with osprey 500,
osprey 100 and hauppauge wintv go). Our display grahpics card is a nvidia
quadro nvs and, finally, our display right now is composed of a brand new
fujitsu TFT and a plasma TV.

The codecs we are using are h261 (i think h263 cant be used with AG2.1.2 so
far, is there any date about when will it be available?).

Can anyone give us a piece of advice where we can improve our video quality?

Kind regards and thank you in advance.
Natalia.

Natalia Costas Lago
email: natalia at cesga.es

Centro de Supercomputacion de Galicia (CESGA)
Avenida de Vigo, s/n Campus Sur
15705 Santiago de Compostela - SPAIN
Tel:   +34  981 56 98 10
Fax:  +34  981 59 46 16