[AG-TECH] Download of AccessGridToolkit : several links with same target : is it normal ?

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Mon May 10 22:55:20 CDT 2004

Hi Joseph:

The main rpm (AccessGrid) and its subpackages (VenueClient, VenueServer,
and BridgeServer) are defined in a single rpm spec file.  Apparently,
when rpm builds a source RPM of a package and its subpackages, it puts
them all in a single source rpm.

I know you're planning to package for debian.  For the 2.2 release, we
will be providing a tar.gz of the source.  If you want to take a look at
that file, instead, it's here:

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/fl/research/accessgrid/software/releases/2.2/source/AccessGrid-2.2.src.tar.gz

Note that this is for the alpha from last week, so it has some quality
issues.  Looking at it, however, would give you an idea what we'll be
making available to packagers, and a chance to comment.  Let me know if
you have any comments or suggestions.

Tom