[AG-TECH] Venue Server ¿firewall iissues?

Natalia Costas Lago natalia at cesga.es
Mon May 10 08:47:52 CDT 2004

Hi all,

We've found a new (let's hope) small problem related to our Venue Server
configuration. We have a LAN set up outside the firewall where the Venue
Server is running. I can connect to it using a Venue Client running in the
same LAN. The problem is that I can't connect to it with a Venue Client
located behind the firewall (although it can connect to ANL venue server).

Any idea why our Venue client can connect to ANL but it cant to our own
Venue Server?

Theorically, the Venue Client has only outgoing connections, is this
correct? (i'm not working with shared data so far, that will be the next
step).

Kind regards and thanx,
Natalia.

Natalia Costas Lago
mailto: natalia at cesga.es

Centro de Supercomputacion de Galicia (CESGA)
Avenida de Vigo, s/n Campus Sur
15705 Santiago de Compostela - SPAIN
Tel: +34  981 56 98 10
Fax: +34  981 59 46 16