[AG-TECH] bttv drivers under RedHat Enterprise Linux?

Natalia Costas Lago natalia at cesga.es
Sun May 9 09:34:29 CDT 2004

Hi,

I'm not sure about whether this would help you or not... I think I recall
a similar problem compiling another driver (cx8800 for a new hauppauge
capture card) and I solved it upgrading the gcc compiler to a newer
version (maybe gcc 3.3).

Hope this helps, please tell me if it does (in case you try).

Kind regards,
Natalia.

> I recently upgraded our video machine to dual
> boot XP and RedHat Enterprise Linux.  Unfortunately
> I can't get our Osprey card working properly on
> either system.
>
> Under XP, vic plays incoming streams just fine
> but crashes on toggling transmit.  The vidcap
> sample capture application that comes with the
> Osprey works just fine.
>
> And under RedHat, I haven't been able to get a bttv
> driver for the Osprey capture card.  bttv 0.7.97 won't
> compile and 0.9.15 compiles but won't insert into the
> 2.4.21 kernel (lots of missing symbols).
>
> Are there any nodes out there running RedHat
> Enterprise Linux on their video machine?
>
> Cheers,
> Darran.
>

> --
> Darran Edmundson (darran.edmundson at anu.edu.au)
> ANU Supercomputer Facility Vizlab
> Australian National University, Canberra, ACT 2600
> tel: +61 2 6125-0517  fax: +61 2 6125-5088

Natalia Costas Lago
mailto: natalia at cesga.es

Centro de Supercomputacion de Galicia (CESGA)
Avenida de Vigo, s/n Campus Sur
15705 Santiago de Compostela - SPAIN
Tel: +34  981 56 98 10
Fax: +34  981 59 46 16