[AG-TECH] PowerPoint and AG 2.x

Michael Miller mimiller at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 31 15:13:47 CST 2004

The Shared Presentation app in the Application section of the VenueClient
is what you are looking for.  Click on the + next to Applications to see if
a presentation app has been added to the venue. If not, right click
Applications and choose Add Shared Presentation app.  Then right click that
and choose Open.

One pointer, the ppt needs to reside on a web server somewhere.  Just paste
the URL into the Shared Presentation app dialog box that comes up.  Put 1
in the slide number box and then click enter.

Powerpoint will fire up and show you the presentation.  You need to use the
Prev and Next buttons to do the slide changes so that everyone gets the
changes.

hope this helps

Michael Miller
NCSA

At 12:28 PM 3/31/2004, you wrote:
>Hi. We here at UAMS are relatively new to the whole AG Toolkit 2.x and we
>are hosting an event tomorrow night. We are probably going to have a
>couple of PowerPoint presentations. How exactly does DPPT (if it is still
>called that) in the newer version of the Access Grid software? Any and all
>advice would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks!
>Heather
>
>Heather Smith, M.Ed.
>Curriculum Support Liaison
>UAMS Library LRC
>4301 W. Markham, #586
>Little Rock, Arkansas
>Phone: 501-686-8116
>Fax: 501-686-6745
>Email: <mailto:hlsmith at uams.edu>hlsmith at uams.edu
>
>---------------------------------
>
>Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is
>for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential
>and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
>distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
>contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original
>message.

Thanx,

Michael Miller
System Engineer
Visualization Technology Support
Computing and Data Management
University of Illinois - UC
217-649-0747

"If you're clear in your vision and trust the people in your team with
clear objectives, they will invariably do their best to achieve everything
desired, and usually deliver everything you could have hoped for and even
more." -Paul Debevec