[AG-TECH] AG 2.1.2 on Win2K Professional?

Cindy Sievers sievers at lanl.gov
Thu Mar 25 09:49:20 CST 2004

Hi Randy,

I get this error sometimes when I have old python processes running.  For
some reason, XP doesn't kill the processes cleanly each time.  I have to
bring up the Task Manager, kill all python processes, then restart
AG.  Mind you, this doesn't happen every time, but
occassionally.  Otherwise all my machines are running XP and seem to work fine.

Cindy

At 04:12 PM 3/24/2004, Randy Groves wrote:
>I thought that I'd gotten this to work in the past, but my present
>experience makes me doubt that, and the fact that the web site claims that
>this is unsupported makes me doubt it still further.  What it looks like
>is happening is that the venue client tries to start up the
>CertificateRequestTool and then hangs for good.  This is from looking at
>the log files.  On the surface, the client gets as far as 'Verifying the
>globus environment' and that is all she wrote.
>
>Which also brings up a question - does the Globus configuration dialog do
>anything in the present incarnation of AG?  I've ignored it since the
>newer cert management stuff and as an attempt to fix this non-functioning
>installation, tried to configure the certs with this - it seems to accept
>my inputs just fine - but doesn't make any difference in the action of the
>venue client.  Clicking on 'Run Grid proxy init' doesn't result in any
>action once I've set up my cert.
>
>Starting the venue client in debug mode results in an empty command window
>and a venue client that still gets to the 'Verifying the globus
>environment'.  It doesn't matter how long I wait - it doesn't proceed.
>
>So - is Win2K really not supported?
>
>-randy

Cindy Sievers           Los Alamos National Laboratory
sievers at lanl.gov        Group CCS-1 MS B287
tel:505.665.6602        Advanced Computing
fax:505.665.4939        Los Alamos, NM 87544