[AG-TECH] AG 2.1.2 on Win2K Professional?

Randy Groves randy.groves at boeing.com
Wed Mar 24 17:12:56 CST 2004

I thought that I'd gotten this to work in the past, but my present
experience makes me doubt that, and the fact that the web site claims that
this is unsupported makes me doubt it still further.  What it looks like is
happening is that the venue client tries to start up the
CertificateRequestTool and then hangs for good.  This is from looking at
the log files.  On the surface, the client gets as far as 'Verifying the
globus environment' and that is all she wrote.

Which also brings up a question - does the Globus configuration dialog do
anything in the present incarnation of AG?  I've ignored it since the newer
cert management stuff and as an attempt to fix this non-functioning
installation, tried to configure the certs with this - it seems to accept
my inputs just fine - but doesn't make any difference in the action of the
venue client.  Clicking on 'Run Grid proxy init' doesn't result in any
action once I've set up my cert.

Starting the venue client in debug mode results in an empty command window
and a venue client that still gets to the 'Verifying the globus
environment'.  It doesn't matter how long I wait - it doesn't proceed.

So - is Win2K really not supported?

-randy