[AG-TECH] multiple displays and video cards

Frank Sweetser fs at WPI.EDU
Fri Mar 19 15:51:20 CST 2004

On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 04:31:15PM -0500, Ron Crummett wrote:
> Hello -
>
> I am looking for a video card that can support five displays - a monitor for
> the node operator, and four projectors.  It is my understanding that this is
> a very typical full-room node setup as far as incoming video streams.  What
> video cards is everyone using to accomplish this?  Do you have one single
> 5-output video card, or some combination of video cards?  Does a combination
> of video cards result in one being disabled in favor of another (does this
> make sense)?

We have decent results with a matrox parhelia 3 headed card and matrox 450
dual head PCI card.  The AGP parhelia drives the three project displays, and
the 450 drives two operator displays.  If you're looking at doing four
projects, though, you may want to check out the four headed matrox qid:

http://www.matrox.com/mga/products/qid/home.cfm

Frank Sweetser fs at wpi.edu
WPI Network Engineer