[AG-TECH] Re: AG shared apps

Dioselin Gonzalez dioselin at purdue.edu
Thu Mar 18 08:30:17 CST 2004

Hi Jennifer,

I'm working on doing collaborative virtual environments over the Access
Grid.  The goal is to create a toolkit for deploying vrjuggler
applications on the AG, to enable different nodes to "join" virtual
worlds and see participants represented as avatars.  Each node would
have its own VR hardware and would be able to move around the world.

The first step I'm working on is having a vrjuggler-osg shared app
running like the shared ppt (i.e. one site as the "master" controlling
the display and just sending data to others).  Then the next step is a
distributed version, with each site having their VR system and own view
of the world.

A description of the first phase of the project is at
http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dagonzal/tech519v/.  Attached is an image of
a test vrjuggler app running in a laptop in simulator mode.

hope this helps,

Dio.-