[AG-TECH] NAT issues

Ron Crummett roncrummett at mail.caynetco.com
Fri Mar 12 14:56:02 CST 2004

Hello -

Well, yesterday it finally hit me why I could be having so many problems getting one of these AccessGrid systems to run completely - I have been behind NAT.  At least, I think that's the latest of my problems.

So, with that being said, I'd like to pose a few more questions:

-Is NAT an issue?  Could my being behind NAT prevent me from receiving video streams, even when connected over quickbridge?

-If NAT is an issue, is there a workaround for it?

Wow.  I'm pretty excited about this one.  Amazing how much there is to know about networking (and in case you couldn't tell, I knew next to nothing about it until I started playing with AccessGrid).  Thanks so much for the help and I hope you can give me some good pointers on this one as well.

-Ron Crummett