[AG-TECH] VIC problems at 25fps

Gary Kong gary.kong at doc.ic.ac.uk
Fri Mar 12 08:39:33 CST 2004

Yeah, we have experienced exactly the same thing as well under our linux
nodes.... As you said lowering the frame rate eliminates the problem. I
actually go even further and reduce the frame rate to 15fps and the max
bandwidth to 500 kbps. The GUI is very responsive even with 4 cameras. These
settings have been chosen from observations of ag sessions. The remote sites'
fps and network bandwidth usage rarely goes above these values anyway. And
even if they do, the perceivable video quality difference is negligable. By
using lower video resource settings, more of the processor and network
bandwidth can go toward the audio side, which I think is far more important
for a good session!

Gary