[AG-TECH] TVS Upgrade Wednesday

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 10 19:43:00 CST 2004

The TVS has been brought up with the previously mentioned updates.
There are a couple points I should have mentioned previously:

- Because the server was moved to a new machine, we have to allow time
for the change to propagate through DNS.  With caching on the DNS
servers, I'm told this should take about an hour, but could take up to
24 hours.

- The venue server is now running with a monitor alongside.  The monitor
periodically tests the server accessibility, and restarts it if it
becomes unavailable.  This is a win over the previous behavior, where it
had to be restarted manually and could be unavailable for a longer period.

Sorry for any inconveniences caused by the extended downtime.  If you
have any questions or concerns, please let us know.

Tom