[AG-TECH] Trouble with service certs

Randy Groves randy.groves at boeing.com
Wed Jun 30 19:46:40 CDT 2004

Well - I've done a considerable bit of experimentation on two
environments.  The first is RH9, with the pyXML update suggested by Andrew
Daviel:

 >>Got it. I looked at the files python was opening with strace. It's using
 >>something from PyXML.
 >>I upgrded PyXML from PyXML-0.7.1-9 to PyXML-0.8.3-1 and the test works.

I also needed to rebuild and freshen the 4suite package (from rawhide
sources 1.0-0.0.a3).

>The  other machine is FC2, using the yum setup from Sugree Phatanapherom.

In both cases, if I try and use a service cert, I cannot get the Venue
Management client to connect with the venue server so that I can configure it.

I am not completely certain that the service certs are the culprits, since
I have done a lot of flailing in the process.  But I do know that in both
cases, if I use a standard cert and install it in the standard way, and
create a proxy in the standard way, I can successfully configure the venue
server.

In both cases, I am trying to do this all on one machine - this is in
preparation for upgrading my venue server to 2.2 (or 2.2.1 or 2.3 -
whichever is the right choice ...).

Anybody else having problems with service certs?  BTW - I've been running
my 2.1.2 venue server with 'service' certs for months (created with
grid-cert-request).

If I end up re-installing either of these, I'll try and get some
logs.  I've held off, since I haven't been sure (and still am not) that the
errors could be because of the OSes I've been using (neither of which are
completely supported yet).

-randy