[AG-TECH] Fedora2 and Video sources

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Tue Jun 29 20:01:01 CDT 2004

Hi Adam,

> Just to let you know.  VIC and RAT both function fine.  I hear Audio and
see
> Video when I connect to a venue.  If I start up VIC manually then it sees
> ALL the capture cards correctly.  It's only in the Node Management screen
> that NONE of my capture cards show up.  This is true if I am running
> NodeManager from either the capture computer or the display computer.  As
> test I ran the venue client on the capture box(the one I am working on)
and
> in the Node management window I still didn't see anything except X11.
>

> It seems to me that AG2.2 is the only program that cannot see the video
> cards.  VIC, xawtv both see them fine.

I think it's a Linux kernel 2.6 issue which was discussed in the "AG2.2
replacement for setupvideo.py" thread of this mailinglist a couple of weeks
ago. A patch was posted for AccessGrid/Platform/unix/Config.py, but hasn't
made it to CVS yet.

A number of other Fedora Core 2 changes have made it to CVS, I'll try and
make a new RPM version based on the CVS code with the Config.py patch and
post the location later today.

Cheers,
Doug