[AG-TECH] Fedora2 and Video sources

ULM AccessGrid accessgrid at ulm.edu
Tue Jun 29 11:07:31 CDT 2004

I have finally gotten AG2.2 to install and run on fedora2.  Everything seams
fine when running but there is one BIG problem.  NONE of my video cards show
up.  I only get X11 as a video source when trying to add a
VideoProducerService.  Is there anything special I need to do???  I used
xawtv to test and make sure the v4l is working, and the video comes through
just fine.  Is there something I am missing????

Also, I did have to force some things during the install to make it work.
Here is what I did.  Maybe this might be the problem.

Installed wxPythonGTK2.3 from source (build, installed, and copied libraries
to correct sources).  Build said it built correctly.

Installed RPM globus-accessgrid-2.4-1.  Rpm installed without any problems

Installed RPM AccessGrid-2.2-6.fc2 from
http://osl.cpe.ku.ac.th/pub/accessgrid/fedora/linux/core/2/RPMS/

            This threw up a dependency error for wxPythonGTK since the RPM
DB wasn't sure that it was installed.

            I over rode that with the command '-nodeps -force' when I
installed the RPM since I knew the library was already in place.

I tried to install just the RPMS from that site above but everytime I
started the VenueClient it crashed with a wxWindow error.  Only by building
the wxPython from source did the error go away.  Now the VenueClient runs
successfully.

Any ideas about my video cards not showing up???

Thanks

Adam Taylor

Computing Center

University of Louisiana at Monroe