[AG-TECH] AG 2.1.2 and Debian

Joseph joseph at cs.usyd.edu.au
Mon Jun 28 23:55:26 CDT 2004

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 18:30:26 -0500 (CDT), Jeremy Mann
<jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu> wrote:

> I just thought I'd let everybody know, I got AG to work with Debian Sarge
> (testing). Download the Ag 2.1.2 RPMs and convert with alien. The prereqs
> you need to apt-get are python2.2 and python2.2-xml, then run the globus
> setup scripts manually.
>
> I've tested this with Sarge and Knoppix 3.4, both worked wonderful.
>
> Now to try 2.2 ;)

Hi

Normally installing AG2.2 using alien on a Debian should work well.

However, I have made some packages for AG2.2 on Debian that you can find
at : http://people.vislab.usyd.edu.au/~joseph/ . Thses packages are still
in their "beta" stage and I would appreciate any feedback, so feel free to
try them and comment.

Cheers,
    Joseph