[AG-TECH] name or service not known

Matthew Martinez matthew at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Mon Jun 28 09:41:41 CDT 2004

Hello again people,
	I was wondering if perhaps anyone could help me with another error
message that i have recently encountered involving AccessGrid. While
Access Grid installed successfully on this computer, (running Slackware
9.1, and installed the AG package 2.1.2) whenever i run VenueClient.py, i
get this error message.

socket.gaierror: (-2, 'Name or service not known')

My network is fine, i can connect to websites, etc, so why is it erroring
out like this? Any ideas anyone?

							Thanks in advance
							Matthew

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/VenueClient.py", line 1534, in ?
    vc = VenueClientUI(dlg)
  File "/usr/bin/VenueClient.py", line 128, in __init__
    VerifyExecutionEnvironment(self)
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/AccessGrid/VenueClientUIClasses.py",
line 3535, in VerifyExecutionEnvironment
    myhost = GetLocalHostname()
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/AccessGrid/VenueClientUIClasses.py",
line 3619, in GetLocalHostname
    ip = socket.gethostbyname(name)
socket.gaierror: (-2, 'Name or service not known')