[AG-TECH] Questions about AG2.2 behaviour (under Debian) and some errors

Chris Willing willing at itee.uq.edu.au
Wed Jun 23 03:02:15 CDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-23 at 17:13, Joseph wrote:
> Hi
>
> <snip>
> > I think separate consumer & producer instances of vic are intended for
> > multi machine nodes. For personal nodes (=> single machine) I think you
> > should not run video producer and consumer services, rather just a
> > single VideoService with which you both transmit and receive.
>
> But in this case I just have the video of my own desktop (X11) and no more
> access, when configuring the VideoService, to the other video inputs (my
> webcam for example). Is it normal ?

No, its not normal.

When you add the VideoService, have you completely removed any previous
VideoProducer services? Perhaps a previously configured VideoProducer
still has control of your webcam video device, so that its not visible
to the VideoService. It would be the same as if you added 2
VideoProducer services; the 1st would see the webcam but the 2nd
wouldn't see it.

chris

--
Chris Willing                     Phone: +61 7 3365 8350
University of Queensland          Email: willing at itee.uq.edu.au
St Lucia, QLD 4072, Australia