[AG-TECH] internal venue server

Chris Willing chris at vislab.usyd.edu.au
Tue Jun 22 08:42:41 CDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-22 at 21:05, Benedikt Bjarni Bogason wrote:
> Thank you for the tips, does anyone else have any success stories he or
> she would like to share with me, regarding setting up a linux venue
> server?
>
> To follow up, when I have successfully set up the linux server (I've
> actually already managed to set up a windows one) I will probably be
> trying to set up a certificate server as well. And again would appreciate
> ANY tips you can spare, if you have gone through that process on a linux
> machine.

The Asia Pacific Access Grid venue server at
https://vv2.ap-accessgrid.org:8000/Venues/default has been running for
over a year on a Slackware Linux system. It has been using Slackware 9.1
with the AG2.1.2 release since January 2004. Before that, it was on
Slackware 9.0 and AG2.1 (from September 2003), not sure which AG2
version before that.

Its been running almost trouble free in that time. It has had instances
of losing its configuration, so I'm careful about keeping a backup handy
of VenueServer.cfg & VenueServer.dat (from the directory in which the
server is run).

We use it with an anonymous certificate from AG Developers, haven't
tried generating our own certificates.

The AG2.1.2 release for Slackware is available at
http://www.ap-accessgrid.org/AG2/. We're working on a release of AG2.2
for Slackware at the moment (currently testing).

chris

--
Chris Willing                     Phone: +61 7 3365 8350
University of Queensland          Email: willing at itee.uq.edu.au
St Lucia, QLD 4072, Australia