[AG-TECH] internal venue server

MPremkumar at lbl.gov MPremkumar at lbl.gov
Mon Jun 21 12:31:22 CDT 2004

> The only issue that I can think of re: RedHat 9 is that you
> probably will
> have to acquire and load the openssl096 and openssl096b packages
> from your
> favourite RedHat mirror.  Oh, yes - with 2.2 you will run into an
> issuewith python-optik (bugzilla'd already) - but the way that I
> dealt with
> that is just to remove up2date (you'll have to get rid of a couple of
> other packages as well), since the RedHat Network no longer applies
> forthis release.  Once you've removed up2date and the RedHat
> version of
> python-optik, the install of 2.2 is clean.

Actually i have the same problem, but when i tried to remove the up2date package, it failed because of dependencies.
 up2date is needed by (installed) firstboot-1.0.5-11
 up2date = 3.1.23.2 is needed by (installed) up2date-gnome-3.1.23.2-1
 /usr/share/rhn/RHNS-CA-CERT is needed by (installed) rhn-applet-2.0.9-0.9.0.1

Randy, is that ok to remove these packages ?

Thanks
Madhan
Student Assistant
LBNL, Berkeley