[AG-TECH] AG2.1.2 PIG problems

Niall Brady bradyn at tchpc.tcd.ie
Thu Jul 29 13:28:36 CDT 2004

On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 10:32:12AM -0500, Hengzhi Zhong wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've installed AG2.1.2 for a PIG.  However, I've ran into several major
> problems.
>
> 1.  When I am connected to the venues, I can only see video and the venue
> client.  I cannot see RAT at all.  I have no idea why.

What operating system are you running the AGTK on?  It may be worth
searching for an alternative version of rat (e.g. the default UCL version)
to plug in instead; I ran into problems recently with rat on both Win
XP and debian.  For Windows, I was able to plug in rat from AG2.1.2,
and for debian it just took rebuilding rat from source (from my vague
recollection of it all).  It's contained in the source distribution on
the AGTK download website.

> 2.  When I meant I can see the video, I can only see one side of the video,
> that is, the video captures on my side.  I do not see any videos from
> others and I have no streams transmitting.

Do you have multicast connectivity?  If you have a windows machine
available, you can test this using Internet2 Detective

	http://detective.internet2.edu/

If you don't have multicast connectivity, you'll have to look for
unicast-bridged venues (e.g. the Test room on the ANL Venue Server;
to use the bridge, you need to select Preferences/Use Unicast)

--
Niall Brady,
Trinity Centre for High Performance Computing,