[AG-TECH] Problems using webcam?

Benjamin Khoo benkhoo at copperblue.per.sg
Wed Jul 28 02:33:41 CDT 2004

hi

i recently got a V4L supported webcam hoping to be able to get it to
work under Linux with AG.

i managed to setup the VideoProducer to obtain the device of the webcam
under /dev/video0

however, i keep getting a blank Green screen for my own video feed.
investigation for the error messages shows the following errors..
is there anything i can do to limit the dimensions of the video?

my webcam can support up to a max of 640x480, it is a Aiptek model using
the ov511 drivers. i use FC2.

thanks lots for anyone's help in advance.

14:59:32 kernel: drivers/usb/media/ov511.c: VIDIOCMCAPTURE: requested
dimensions too big
15:20:54 kernel: drivers/usb/media/ov511.c: VIDIOCMCAPTURE: requested
dimensions too big
15:22:25 kernel: drivers/usb/media/ov511.c: VIDIOCMCAPTURE: requested
dimensions too big

bENJAMIN kHOO
qIU wENDA
http://www.copperblue.per.sg