[AG-TECH] problems building VIC and RAT on AG 2.2.6 source

Benjamin Khoo benkhoo at copperblue.per.sg
Mon Jul 26 10:01:40 CDT 2004

Hi Douglas

thanks lots for your help

i took your advise and downloaded the package and rebuild from source.
after the build, i noticed that the files that are packaged in the RPM
are the same as what i have already installed

i already have the ZIP files that you mentioned in the /etc/AccessGrid
directory. i unzipped them and found working copies of RAT/VIC in there.
(i must have installed it in one of my many "trying to get AG to work"
times)

do i need to unzip these files and add them into my path? or do i leave
then in the ZIPPED up state?

from what i was told, there used to be a need to run RAT and VIC
separately.. in this case, do i still have to do that?

your help has been really valuable. thank you in advance.

bENJAMIN kHOO
qIU wENDA
http://www.copperblue.per.sg