[AG-TECH] Certificate problems . . . .

Chris Willing willing at itee.uq.edu.au
Fri Jul 23 20:44:51 CDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-07-24 at 10:28, Deb Agarwal wrote:
> I have been trying to debug my AG2.2 room node install
> and hit a new snag today.  My certificate expired!
>
> I requested a new service certificate using the venue
> client on my display machine and have imported it and
> then exported it to a pem file.  Now I need to know how
> to get that certificate imported on my video and audio
> machines which are both RH linux.  I tried running
> venue client and I got an error.  Is there some tool
> I can use to import the certificate for AGServiceManager
> to use?

Importing through VenueClient is easiest, if you can make it work.

Other methods are:
1. run AGServiceManager.py from command line. If no certificate proxy is
active, you'll be invited to enter passphrase/lifetime/keysize so that
it can run. Note that you may have to destroy any previous proxies using
grid-proxy-destroy command (before running AGServiceManager.py).

2. run grid-proxy-init from command line. Since globus certs are no
longer used, it doesn't know where to find some files so you'll have to
provide -cert <certfile> and -key <keyfile> options to it.

chris

--
Chris Willing                     Phone: +61 7 3365 8350
University of Queensland          Email: willing at itee.uq.edu.au
St Lucia, QLD 4072, Australia