[AG-TECH] VenueServer / BridgeServer documentation

Fred Dech fdech at uchicago.edu
Fri Jul 23 10:43:31 CDT 2004

first, real quick.  Doug.  thanks.  i just installed the FC2 CVS snapshot.

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 04:06PM, Douglas Kosovic said:
> New Fedora Core 2 Access Grid CVS snapshot RPMs have been created, find them
> at:
>
>   http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~agn/ag_fedora/
>

> Doug

i'm trying to set up and configure a VenueServer and then a BridgeServer.
VenueManagement has some bugs.  i can't "Modify" my Venue Server.  yeah,
Venue Management has a connection to it already.
My Servers -> Edit My Servers also brings up a blank list.
i just found this out yesterday and i'll send it to bugzilla if it hasn't
already been filed.

about documentation.  i grabbed, i think, VenueManagement.doc from the
AG CVS.  it's all high-level GUI stuff, though.  VirtualVenuesDesign.doc
lists the fields, but does not describe them.

are there documents that describe the VenueServer.cfg file, VenueServer.dat
file fields around anywhere?  i noticed those files got created in ~/.  is
that the correct place for them to be?
since i can't use the VenueManagement UI, i'd like to build from the
configuration files, add rooms, exits, etc.

also, where might i find documentation on configuring the BridgeServer?  i
looked around, but haven't stumbled on it yet.  i guess i need a config file
to start it up:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/BridgeServer.py", line 773, in ?
    main()
  File "/usr/bin/BridgeServer.py", line 766, in main
    bridgeServer.LoadConfig(configFile)
  File "/usr/bin/BridgeServer.py", line 311, in LoadConfig
    raise InvalidConfigFile, \
__main__.InvalidConfigFile: No BridgeServer section found in config file

thanks.

--fred