[AG-TECH] http://beaconserver.accessgrid.org:9999/

Mitch Kutzko mitch at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Jul 20 15:47:32 CDT 2004

At 03:24 PM 7/20/2004 -0500, you wrote:
> ok.  something's definately not right here.
> this server page is simply displaying an old map over and over again.
> and i've been trying to figure out why the hell a beacon client on another
> subnet in another building that i don't have admin access to (so i have to
> arrange with the admin every time i want to work on it) would not show up
> and checking firewalls, IP address, DNS, etc. etc.  jeez.
> it looks so... real.  but i shut down my beacon a half-hour ago and
> it is still happily displaying at number 45!  arggg!!!

Hi, Fred -- Fixed.

The box the ANL Beacon Server is running on was rebooted or fell over or
something, and the Beacon wasn't running.  I have no way of knowing when
that occurs until someone reports it.  (Thanks!)

BTW, the beacon at dast.nlanr.net list is a subscriber-only list, so your mail
there was discarded automatically, as you haven't subscribed to the Beacon
list yet.  Send mail to "majordomo at dast.nlanr.net" with the words

Take care!

Mitch
--