[AG-TECH] Multicast/Unicast Problem

Doiron, Andre Andre.Doiron at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Fri Jul 16 11:10:47 CDT 2004

I am trying to get a video and audio session working between 2 computers.
Computer A and computer B.

A            B

**************

Mcast to Mcast

A receives nothing but it's own feeds, b receives everything

Mcast to Ucast

A receives everything, B only receives it's own audio

Ucast to Mcast

A receives only it's audio, B receives everything

Ucast to Ucast

A receives all video, B doesn't receive any video, not even its own feed...
audio goes both ways

I am using my own server with a QuickBridge...

I also get "Your Connection to the venue is interrupted and you will be
removes from the venue. Please, try to connect again." Every 20 seconds or
so. When both use unicast

If I use somebody else's server and bridge this is what I get:

A            B

**************

Mcast to Mcast

Same as above

Mcast to Ucast

A has it's own feeds, B only has its own audio

Ucast to Mcast

A has it's own audio, B has its own video and audio

Ucast to Ucast

Audio going both ways... absolutely no video

And I don't get the connection interrupted message.

Thanks in advanced for your help

André Doiron

NRC - CNRC
55 Crowley Farm