[AG-TECH] New Fedora Core 2 AGTk CVS snapshot

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Sun Jul 18 20:49:45 CDT 2004

Hi Fred,

> i have 1 bigger and 1 smaller problem that i don't have a clue how to
> solve because i don't understand the underlying code At All in, say,
> AGServiceManager.py.
>
> bigger:
> regardless of how the node services come up (TV or not TV) in my
> ServiceManager, i still have to set my VideoService VICs from Composite1
> S-Video every time i change venues.

It should now be fixed with the new VideoService.py and
VideoProducerService.py I posted in another email.

> i have a hunch that this error message is related to that...
> /////////
> INFO:ServiceManager:Using services dir:
/home/aguser/.AccessGrid/local_services
> INFO:ServiceManager:__DiscoverResources
> config: invalid value for input: (null)
> valid choices for "input": "Television", "Composite1", "S-Video",
"Composite3"
> config: invalid value for input: (null)
> /////////

That's just harmless stderr output from /usr/bin/v4lctl. I think I'm going
to modify Config.py in the
/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/AccessGrid/Platform/unix directory, so that
it provides more userfreindly feedback, which includes redirecting the
stderr of /usr/bin/v4lctl to /dev/null.

> smaller:
> same issue as above with VideoProducerServices, plus i cannot see my
> video streams in the VIC.
> the obvious solution is to use VideoServices rather than
VideoProducerServices.

Do you mean with VideoProducer, the vic video thumbnail is muted (there is a
mute toggle button next to each of the video thumbnails in vic)? If that's
what you mean, then that's a feature rather than a bug.

Cheers,
Doug