[AG-TECH] Patched TVS

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jul 15 20:01:27 CDT 2004

Lotta stuff going on with the server. We've been waist deep in server guts
sorting out the hanging problems, weird client/server protocol bugs, and
other stuff.

You might notice text is working again on the TVS, this is one side effect
of our work. We're pretty close to understanding protocol/state bugs, tom
and eric have put a lot of good work into hammering that into shape.

As we progress, we've taken a little more progressive approach to the TVS,
making it the "latest stable cvs", so that it has the latest bug fixes, etc.
We encountered a new bug this morning with service certs that we'll try to
get closed tomorrow that (along with the protocol/state fixes) should really
go a long way towards fixing not only 1057, but many of the other problems
users are seeing as well.

--Ivan