[AG-TECH] BridgeServer and other problems....

Benedikt Bjarni Bogason benedib at hi.is
Thu Jul 15 09:50:04 CDT 2004

> Hi,
>
> I was also trying to get the Bridge to work yesterday... I
> finally figured out how to make it work just now. The configuration you
> posted isn't quite right. Here is what I used, and it worked like a charm.
>

> [BridgeServer]
> qbexec = /usr/bin/QuickBridge
> name = some_name
> location = here
> [https://<address>:<port>/Venues/default]
> type = Venue
>

> This is for a single Venue, if you want for a server
>
> Put VenueServer as the type, and of course put the correct url.
>
> I had to look into the code to get this working. If you want to see for
> yourself it's in the LoadConfig function in the BridgeServer class
>
> Even the examples at the end of the code aren't correct; they don't use
> the
> correct capitalization.
>
> André Doiron

 Yes, the capitalization was my fault, but the instructions on the website
are a bit misleading
http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/fl/research/accessgrid/documentation/BridgeServer-HowTo/BridgeServer-HOWT1.htm.

But THANK YOU, it worked like a dream!

Anyone have any ideas about the rest of questions? (The vic actually now
just shuts down after asking my name and email with a runtime error!

Program: ...tion Data\AccessGrid\local_services\VideoService\vic.exe

way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.)

Shall I just uninstall AG and reinstall it??