[AG-TECH] Double-minded AG 2.2 linux rpm installer

Michael Braitmaier braitmaier at hlrs.de
Wed Jul 14 03:30:40 CDT 2004

I recently installed AG 2.2 on a Fedora 1 system and wondered why I
couldn't get vic and rat running. After finally getting vic to work I
stumbled across the ~/.AccessGrid/local_services
directory this morning and found the audioservices directory there.
Inspired by the thought to try rat without AG first to see wether rat
works independently, I had to realize that
the AudioService.zip contained only windows binaries. The same seems to
hold for the VideoProducer.zip. Only the VideoService actually contained
the linux binary of vic.
I guess it would be a good idea to have the linux rpm installer tend
towards a mor linux oriented install concerning the binaries ;-)
Is this issue reason for a bugzilla entry?

Michael

--
Michael Braitmaier
HLRS - Visualization / Video Conferencing