[AG-TECH] Fedora C2 & Ospreys

Fred Dech fdech at uchicago.edu
Tue Jul 13 10:20:17 CDT 2004

i started to submit a Bugzilla yesterday, but stopped because the binary
version of AG2.2 i installed is not the official AG2.2.  it is a Fedoraized
AG2.2 rpm set from the UK.
i have noticed that the nodeConfig file generates a parsing error
upon read-in.  the serviceconfig associated with the service associated
with the video resource fails consistently to be parsed correctly
on the 'port' field (which is actually called the 'input' field in the
error message.  on a hunch, i changed the fieldname to 'input' but that
did not help) upon read in.
e.g.,
[serviceconfig1]
encoding = h261
streamname = Video
framerate = 24
standard = NTSC
bandwidth = 800
quality = 75
port = S-Video

config: invalid value for input: (null)
valid choices for "input": "Television", "Composite1", "S-Video", "Composite3"

the official release AG2.2 binary pukes (and i should submit that in Bugzilla
although if i search, i'm sure someone already has)
on a FedoraC2 box at the very end when it is referencing or sourcing some
AG2 .py scripts.
so i 'may' try and build AG2.2 on that system from source.

--fred