[AG-TECH] Fedora/Linux iptables for AG

Fred Dech fdech at uchicago.edu
Fri Jul 9 10:39:29 CDT 2004

hmmm.

after my email, i started staring bleary-eyed at the iptables man pages
and the RH9 reference manual and a couple on-line tutorials and
figured out how to block a Range of ports:
-A RH-Lokkit-0-50-INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 0:1023 --syn -j REJECT
that helped alot.

isn't the lo equivalent to accepting loopbacks?
-A RH-Lokkit-0-50-INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT

in any case, i haven't really done a bonafide test of my audio yet, so
i'll test it before i add the 224.0.0.0 range ACCEPT and let y'all know
that it doesn't work, since Ti understands these things a wee bit better
than i do.

i'm still trying to get my Osprey100 cards to show up in videoProducer.
as was posted on the list, i am focusing my Hacking:
/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/AccessGrid/Platform/unix/Config.py

--fred

  Fred Dech   fdech at uchicago.edu
  University of Chicago Dept. of Surgery
  Ph: (773) 834-8359, Fax: (773) 834-8140