[AG-TECH] Shared Browser in Linux

Andrew Daviel advax at triumf.ca
Thu Jul 8 20:18:22 CDT 2004

I have continued playing with the shared browser on Linux, and have now
got a version which will update the text in the location box when
receiving an event, and where a URL entered in the location box will be
sent to the venue server and to other participants. Clicking links in
Mozilla only works locally, of course, but at least I can follow someone
else's session and also drive it by pasting URLs into the location box.

I don't really know what I'm doing in Python ... to get access to
sharedAppClient from OnLocationKey in WebBrowser I made it global; maybe
there's a better way. I send an event on RETURN only as the selection box
doesn't work quite right without just_received_navigate. The whole
mechanism for not responding to popups doeesn't work; but then it doesn't
have to if the only local event initiator is hitting return.

http://andrew.triumf.ca/AG/SharedBrowser22.agpkg   - for AGTk 2.2
http://andrew.triumf.ca/AG/SharedBrowser21.agpkg   - for AGTk 2.1.2
(just a zipfile with 0% compression)

--