[AG-TECH] problems starting AGNodeService ...

Sabihuddin, Siraj Siraj.Sabihuddin at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Tue Jul 6 08:48:57 CDT 2004

I've noticed the same problem occasionally here at NRC (both on PIG nodes
and our multi-machine node in windows).  Usually this is caused by stray
python processes still running after the Venue Client has shutdown
improperly. (I'm not certain whether the service manager contributes to the
problem)

Going into the task manager and killing off these processes before restart
usually fixes the problem.  Occasionally it is necessary to reboot the
machine to get the VenueClient running again.

Siraj

--------
Student Programmer
Information Security Group, Institute for Information Technology
National Research Council (NRC), Ottawa, Canada
Email: Siraj.Sabihuddin at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca,
WWW - NRC: http://iit-iti.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca