[AG-TECH] problems starting AGNodeService ...

Darran Edmundson darran.edmundson at anu.edu.au
Mon Jul 5 22:08:30 CDT 2004

I'm having problems with AGTk2.2 in that the VenueClient
is hanging on startup.  You know, when the progress bar
zips across to about 75% complete and then pauses
indefinitely.  (This under WinXP.)

Trying things manually, AGServiceManager seems to start
up fine but then I get the following with AGNodeService:

C:\Program Files\AGTk-2.2\bin>python AGNodeService.py
<Fault SOAP-ENV:Client: Method Not Found: ServiceManager:IsValid :
exceptions.Ke
yError 'ServiceManager' <traceback object at 0x01281CD8>>
Error loading default node configuration

Has anyone else observed this?  Same problem whether
or not ServiceManagers are running on the other two
machines in the node.

Cheers,
Darran.