[AG-TECH] Bridge Server & Venue Server

Benedikt Bjarni Bogason benedib at hi.is
Fri Jul 2 04:54:51 CDT 2004

We are in the progress of setting up our own AG 2.2 Venue Server for
internal use (at the moment). We were thinking about using an old Linux
machine but it gave up on us so we are looking into alternatives.

- Is it possible to use a Windows machine as a Venue Server?

- There is an integrated bridge server built in the AG software?
(BridgeServer.py)

- Does the Venue Server run this bridge implicitly, or do you have to
start it up yourself?

- Can it be run on the same machine as the Venue Server, even if that is a
Windows machine, or does the BridgeServer need to be run on a Linux
machine?

- Our internal routers may not be configured to support multicast (I have
not looked into this yet). Does this pose a threat to my project, or does
the Bridge come to my rescue? We are only concern connecting at most 4-5
nodes simultaneously..

As always, thanks in advance for your response.

Benedikt Bogason
benedikt.bogasson at bt.com