[AG-TECH] SharedBrowser in Linux

Andrew Daviel advax at triumf.ca
Thu Jul 1 00:17:57 CDT 2004

I have been playing with the shared browser code to make it work in Linux,
by using the remote control feature in Netscape/Mozilla. At this point, it
works well enough to follow a shared browser being driven by someone in
Windows, but it won't work the other way. When the application is started,
an applet appears with just a location box. If a URL is typed in the box,
or an event arrives from the Venue server, a command is sent to mozilla
to go to the URL.

Getting it to work like the IE-based one (browsing naturally and sending
page-load events to the server) is beyond me, but it should be fairly easy
to have the location-box URL sent to the server as well as to the local
browser. Could someone take a look and give me a hint ?

Zipfile at http://andrew.triumf.ca/AG/SharedBrowser.zip

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada
Tel. +1 (604) 222-7376