[AG-TECH] AG2.1.2 Certificate Manager with python2.3

Christoph Willing chris at vislab.usyd.edu.au
Thu Jan 22 23:13:28 CST 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 06:56, Robert Olson wrote:
> At 05:27 PM 1/21/2004, Christoph Willing wrote:
> >On a system with python2.3, we have openssl-0.9.7c and Cert. Manager
> >does a seg fault trying to do:
> >         xext = crypto.X509Extension(name, critical, value)
> >at line 604 of CertificateRepository.py.
> >
> >If I additionally install python2.2 in this second system, then the
> >Certificate Manager runs OK again. This makes me suspect the python
> >version.
>
> I'm not sure about the dependence on the python version, but I could see
> why the crash was happening. It is now fixed in CVS:
>
> http://fl-cvs.mcs.anl.gov/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/pyOpenSSL/src/crypto/x509ext.c.diff?r1=1.1&r2=1.2
>
> http://snipurl.com/402h
>
> --bob

Thanks Bob, that seems to have fixed it; I managed to send a certificate
request from a machine using python2.3 without seg faulting.

It also seems to have fixed the problem of the VenueManagement tool
often (mostly) crashing while modifying a Venue, unless RH7.3 was being
used as OS. I've made a few changes to our AG2 venue without any
problems.

FYI, (and in answer to your earlier email), this distribution is
Slackware 9.1, which uses openssl-0.9.7c-i486-2 and python-2.3.1-i486-1.

Its interesting how the python version (2.2 vs 2.3) triggered the
problem without being involved in the fix.

Thanks again,

chris

--
Chris Willing                      Telephone   (61-2) 9351 3914
Sydney Vislab, F09                      Fax    (61-2) 9351 5955