[AG-TECH] H263

Christoph Willing chris at vislab.usyd.edu.au
Wed Jan 21 15:58:47 CST 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 05:13, Jeremy Mann wrote:
> I am curious if anybody else has gotten H263 to work with Vic. I took the
> vic from the CVS tree of OpenMASH. I defintely like the output and larger
> screen size. So if I am always using H263, anybody who wants to view my
> video stream also has to have H263 support in their vic?

We tried it here a while ago too. One particular problem with it that it
crashes other vics at the same address running the standard H261 codec.
We created a special H.263 Test room so that it wouldn't interfere with
"normal" users.

chris

--
Chris Willing                      Telephone   (61-2) 9351 3914
Sydney Vislab, F09                      Fax    (61-2) 9351 5955