[AG-TECH] Off Topic about email delivery

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jan 21 15:39:00 CST 2004

At 03:30 PM 1/21/2004, Jeremy Mann wrote:

>Why is it that when I post something to this list it takes hours,
>sometimes days for my post to finally publish? Example, I sent out a post
>asking about H263 at 12:13pm. Now its 3 hours later and yet it still
>hasn't been posted while there have been 10-12 emails delivered since
>then. Some of them are replies to replies.

That's because you're posting from an address that's different than the one
you're subscribed with; such postings have to be manually approved.

All, if you see this happening with your posts to ag-tech, doublecheck how
you're subscribed (you should have gotten a confirmation when you first
signed up); if you think this is the issue, you can either send mail from
the account you signed up with, or you can unsub the wrong address and
resubscribe using the address you usually use.

--bob