[AG-TECH] AG2.1.2 Certificate Manager with python2.3

Christoph Willing chris at vislab.usyd.edu.au
Tue Jan 20 23:28:15 CST 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 15:08, Ivan R. Judson wrote:
> Are you sure the python has the bsddb module in it? I believe that's an
> implicit requirement of the certmgmt tool.
>
> -Ivan

[]

> > Has anyone had an AG2.1.2 installation working on Linux with
> > python 2.3 installed?
> >
> > I have everything working except the Certificate Manager,
> > which does imports/exports of certs OK. However when creating
> > a new request, it never sends the request nor registers it in
> > the .AccessGrid/certRepo/requests/ directory and leaves no
> > error msgs in the log file.
> >
> > Installation packages were rebuilt from source code - other
> > installations using identically built packages on hosts with
> > python2.2 work perfectly.

As per earlier post, bsddb exists in python2.3 but it looks like there
has been a rewrite of some sort.

I've now tracked this problem down to line 604 of the
CertificateRepository.py file, which says:
	xext = crypto.X509Extension(name, critical, value)
and creates a Segmentation fault. It looks like crypto is a class from
OpenSSL_AG which is a wrapper around OpenSSL.

Thats looking way beyond my comfort level. Could someone in the
development look at it please? I'd enter it in bugzilla but it wasn't
clear which category it should go into - ClientUI?

chris

--
Chris Willing                      Telephone   (61-2) 9351 3914
Sydney Vislab, F09                      Fax    (61-2) 9351 5955