[AG-TECH] Encryption of Access Grid 2.x Sessions

shudo at ni.aist.go.jp shudo at ni.aist.go.jp
Tue Jan 20 21:15:53 CST 2004

Hi Allan,

> Hello,
>
> By using the AG 2.x venue client that interfaces with vic and rat, does
> the venue client facilitate the encryption of all streams for the session
> regardless of which virtual venue one uses?

Each virtual venue has its own setting of stream encryption.  Even the
streams in a venue are not encrypted and another venue can be
encrypted.  If you establish a venue server, you will find a checkbox
(on/off) and a textbox (common key) on the setting window for each
venue.

> Also, how likely would it be
> for someone to "crack" the session and receive the streams?

Assuming VIC and RAT themselves are not cracked, the likelihood
depends on handling encryption keys by venue servers and venue
clients.  I do not know how it is secure.

  Kazuyuki Shudo	shudo at computer.org	http://www.shudo.net/