[AG-TECH] Need help with setting up Venue Server

Edward L Birchler ed.birchler at louisville.edu
Fri Jan 16 10:54:34 CST 2004

Hi Everybody!
I hope somebody can give me some help!

I have installed the AG2 toolkit software on my windows XP desktop and
the Venue Client works fine and I communicate with ag nodes. I am now
trying to install a venue server on my desktop XP system.  I can start
the venue server fine, and I have setup a venue with the venue
management software.  So far so good.  The problem comes when I start
the Venue Client and then hit the GO button to go to the venue server I
have created, I get the following message "Can not connect to venue
located at https://localhost:8000/VenueServer. Please, try again."

When I hit the GO button, the Venue server does echo the message "DEBUG
Server gets identity /O=Access
grid/OU=agdev-ca.mcs.anl.gov/OU=louisville.edu/CN=Ed Birchler" so it
looks like the venue client is communicating with the venue server, but
does not allow me to connect to the venue.

I really don't know where to go from here.

Thanks for any help!
Ed

Edward L. Birchler, P.E.
Director