[AG-TECH] quickbridge with version 2.x

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jan 6 14:25:45 CST 2004

Nathan:

Bridging is integrated with the AG2.1 software.  A BridgeServer can be
run against a venue or venues.  Users who enter the venue will be able
to select the "Use Unicast" option to connect to the bridge.  If there
is no bridge available in a venue, the "Use Unicast" option will not be
available.

I need to write up a page that describes how to run a bridge server, but
here are the details for now.  Create a config file with the following
format:

[BridgeServer]
name = <name of your institution>
location = <location of your institution>
qbexec = /usr/bin/QuickBridge
# ONE of the following mutually exclusive options can be specified
venue = <URL of venue to bridge>
venueFile = <file containing URLs of venues to bridge>
venueServer = <URL of venue server to bridge>
venueServerFile = <file containing URLs of venue servers to bridge>

And run:  BridgeServer.py -c <configFile>

Let me know if you run into any problems.

Tom