[AG-TECH] Firewall Configuration

Randy Groves randy.groves at boeing.com
Fri Feb 27 13:52:03 CST 2004

We have been having to deal with connecting unicast to the external AG for
some time now.  We also have a NetScreen in the middle.  What I have been
requesting for each new IP address is for UDP from that destination for
ports 40000-65535 to be opened.  This is overkill, I know, but it also
allows me to potentially use different venues on that bridge without having
to request a reconfig.  This may or may not be enough if you are lucky
enough to have multicast and a firewall that understands it.

-randy