[AG-TECH] Service Manager Problem

Darin Oman darin at ucar.edu
Thu Feb 26 10:31:46 CST 2004

Hello,

I have a problem with the service manager on our room node and it almost seems to be getting worse every time I fire up the AG. Here's the scenario:

2 machines - XP on Display, Linux on Video
I start the service manager on the video machine and everything looks fine, valid proxy and all. Then I start up the client on the display machine and I get no video. I try to manage my node and either restart the config, re-add the service manager and I get an error message saying it's unable to locate service manager: video.ag0.scd.ucar.edu:12000... I've tried many different combinations of reboots, restarting the service manager, etc. and there doesn't seem to be a pattern, but all of a sudden it will work again. Also, even when the client doesn't see the service manager, I'm able to ping the video machine using both ip address and name.

Has anybody else seen anything like this? Anybody have any ideas what the problem could be?

Thanks,
Darin