[AG-TECH] Voyager server

Michael Miller mimiller at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Mon Feb 23 11:30:49 CST 2004

I'm wondering what the storage needs are for a voyager server.  I think I
remember someone telling me about 1MB/minute/video stream.  Does this sound
right?  I know it often depends on the characteristics of the video streams
in the session, so, let's assume for a moment we have two sites with 4
streams each, and each stream is using the 800Kps setting in vic and the
audio is done with the typical codec used in AG sessions today.

Anyone care to throw out a ball park figure?

Thanx,

Michael Miller
System Engineer
Visualization Technology Support
Computing and Data Management
University of Illinois - UC
217-649-0747

"If you're clear in your vision and trust the people in your team with
clear objectives, they will invariably do their best to achieve everything
desired, and usually deliver everything you could have hoped for and even
more." -Paul Debevec