[AG-TECH] VIC with AXIS Communications 2130 PTZ Network Camera?

Wei Deng weideng at cs.uiuc.edu
Fri Feb 13 10:52:12 CST 2004

I don't believe it can support multicast streaming on its own, unless its
embedded linux allows some customization. I contacted their technical
support and they don't seem to have a clue. They keep telling me that I
don't need any other software, just installing an ActiveX control in my IE
browser. ;)

-Wei

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 10:47:09AM +0000, Vic Cornell wrote:
> Does the Axis support multicast streaming? It doesn't say so in the pdf
> tech spec document.
>
> We would also be interested in using this if it did.
>
> Vic
>

> On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 20:49, Wei Deng wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Has anyone tried to use AXIS 2130 PTZ Network Camera
> > (http://www.axis.com/products/cam_2130/index.htm) for their AccessGrid
> > setup with success? We're considering of using them for our lab setup
> > to avoid the hassle of wiring long video cables. I checked the previous
> > archives and didn't find anyone mention it. Thanks.
> Vic Cornell.   IT Development Manager Information Technology Group.
> Southampton Oceanography Centre,
> Room 124/02,  Empress Dock,  European Way,  SOUTHAMPTON,  SO14 3ZH,  UK.
> Email:         vcc at soc.soton.ac.uk      Web: http://www.soc.soton.ac.uk/
> Weds/Thurs :   Tel: 02380 596 193       Fax: 02380 596 195
> Mon/Tue/Fri:   Tel: 01803 813 792    Mobile: 07905 629 202

Wei Deng
Pablo Research Group
Department of Computer Science
University of Illinois