Problem with AGSchedule--was Re: [AG-TECH] Illiad of UserFriendly speaking at WLUG meeting

Michael Miller mimiller at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Feb 13 11:02:43 CST 2004

Hello,

I have investigated the reported problem with Netscape and AGSchedule.  The
problem arises from a corrupt cookie.  Deleting the cookie for AGSchedule
and accessing the site again should solve the problem.  It appears that a
corrupt cookie will cause problems in both IE and Netscape.  Thanks to
Frank Sweetser for pointing in the right direction.

Currently, AGSchedule supports IE and Netscape.  It has been tested
throughly on Windows systems and testing continues on both Windows and
Linux platforms.  I thank Charles Anderson for reporting a bug that
misrepresents the compatibility supported by AGSchedule.  This will be
corrected soon.

In the future, please report problems with AGSchedule to the AGSchedule
Adminstrator: agschedule at ncsa.uiuc.edu.  The problem will be resolved more
quickly than being reported in an off-topic thread on the AG-Tech mailing list.

Please let me know if there are other questions or concerns.

Michael Miller
NCSA

At 12:09 AM 2/13/2004, you wrote:
>On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 12:51:24PM +1100, Christoph Willing wrote:
> > On Fri, 2004-02-13 at 03:06, Frank Sweetser wrote:
>  [...]
> > > Meeting Details
> > > https://agschedule.ncsa.uiuc.edu/meetingdetails.asp?MID=4026
> >
> > Looks interesting, I'd like to attend (subject to timezone hell).
> >
> > When I tried the meetingdetails link above, my (Mozilla) browser goes
> > into a never ending cycle of "Waiting for data ..." and "Transferring
> > data ...". When I hit the browser's Stop button, the AGSchedule logo
> > appears but nothing else.
> >
> > Hope this isn't a "best viewed with Internet Explorer" issue.
>
>On the Mozilla derivatives "Phoenix" and the newly released "Foxfire",
>that page does display just fine.  But with Mozilla 1.0.1 I get the same
>symptoms as you describe.  Hmm...

Thanx,

Michael Miller
System Engineer
Visualization Technology Support
Computing and Data Management
University of Illinois - UC
217-649-0747

"If you're clear in your vision and trust the people in your team with
clear objectives, they will invariably do their best to achieve everything
desired, and usually deliver everything you could have hoped for and even
more." -Paul Debevec